[LAU] heavy metal guitar sounds please?

Oscar spacepluk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 16:45:08 EDT 2007

Hi Florin,

Jens Johansson ( http://www.panix.com/~jens/ ), was Yngwie's keyboardist for
the first albums and gets very convicing guitar-like solo sounds from his
Yamaha
DX7. So, maybe you can get good results using Hexter for the base sound, and
combination of effects from CAPS and/or TAPS, Line6 POD or whatever.

For guitar rythm riffs and chugga-chugga I think it's a lot easier to find a
guitarist :)
Saludosss

2007/10/11, Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org>:

> Florin Andrei wrote:
> > I'm having trouble finding a good source of heavy metal guitar sounds on
> > Linux. Any suggestions?
>
> Forgot to mention, the reason why I'm looking for these sounds is that I
> listened again recently, after many years, to some songs by Yngwie
> Malmsteen on Youtube, and then a few metal-themed melodies of my own
> started to echo in my head. So that's the kind of sound I'm looking for.
> Classic-era metal - Malmsteen, Manowar. Maybe not quite as dark as
> Metallica but their guitars don't sound bad per se.
> Actually, I wouldn't mind a sound as aggressive as a thrash metal
> guitar, but it will not be used for that kind of music.
>
> I don't care if it's sampled or synthesized, as long as I can use it
> with Linux. I don't even care if it's hardware or software. As long as I
> can use a regular MIDI keyboard to play, it's fine. I'm a keyboard
> player. :-)
> Combinations such as routing a keyboard sampler (set on "unplugged
> guitar") through a hard or soft guitar distortion, are fine.
>
> --
> Florin Andrei
>
> http://florin.myip.org/

Oscar Morante