[LAU] well, some music for a short film...

Dragan Noveski perodog at gmx.net
Fri Oct 12 14:54:52 EDT 2007

Marcos Guglielmetti wrote:
> El Viernes, 12 de Octubre de 2007 06:58, Peter Hartmann escribió:
>  | Hey Marcos,
>  | Good to hear from you.   What if you lowered the vocal harmony tracks
>  | a bit?  The vocals may be getting muddied because of little
>  | differences in timing.
>
> Ouch... I did not contemplated this issue...I cant uderstand this.
>
> Differences in timing between what? between the two voices? Or between another
> instruments?
>

>  | If the main one stands out more you may get
>  | the effect  you want.
>
> Ok, but, what do you mean with "stands out"? To raise the volume or to move
> the regions back some ms?
>

>  | Maybe (more) compression too, trying it first
>  | on the 'main' vocal (just in case --- which I would describe as the
>  | one mostly on the bottom when it's not in unison).
>
> Now I see... yes: I have to manage the vocal compression in a better way...and
> maybe raise the guitars a bit... I will remix this and post it in the near
> future, Thanks!
>
> Regards,

hallo marcus,

first to say i really (but really) like your 'musix for a short film',
it is really sth for my taste!

-tanks for sharing it.

about the voice of the last track, i would try to put a bit less of
reverb on it, and also i have a (strong) feeling, that the drum-cymbals
are somehow fighting the voice at about 7-9kHz.
perhaps you try to make them not so loud, and you will get more 'space'
for the vox.
also the guitar and the synth(organ) are kind of not far enough from
each other - perhaps just an eq setting issue. be carefully with the
compression of the vox, for my taste it sounds good as it is.

just my two€cents.

cheers,
doc