[LAU] Real Time Kernel best settings

holborn holborn at telefonica.net
Sat Oct 13 21:06:43 EDT 2007

Hi

I have a little confusion with some real time kernel settings,  sure will be
hardware dependent, but ... I really interested to discuse of some settings
like the following and others:

--- Enable the block layer
                      [ ]   Support for Large Block Devices
                      [ ]   Support for tracing block io actions
                      [ ]   Support for Large Single Files
                      [ ]   Block layer SG support v4 (EXPERIMENTAL)
IO Schedulers  --->

Processor type and features  --->
HPET Timer Support

Device Drivers  --->
Character devices  --->
<*> Enhanced Real Time Clock Support
[ ] Real Time Clock Histogram Support
<*> Priority Inheritance Debugging (Blocker) Device Support
 [ ] HPET - High Precision Event Timer

Sound  --->
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture  --->
 <M>   RTC Timer support
[*]     Use RTC as default sequencer timer

I have this settings ..... but ....  ALSA don't load snd_rtctimer
running lsmod I can only see snd-timer .... and I need to load snd-rtctimer by
hand ... but in fact I don't know what module is used.

Thanks

Josep