[LAU] USB midi interface that works

Svend-Erik Kjær Madsen sv-e at sv-e.dk
Tue Oct 16 03:28:59 EDT 2007

Hi
I've used the device on Agnula - 64Studio - UbuntuStudio

Simply use fxload to load the firmware on the device.

Something like this to se if your device is pressent:

<command>
sem at STUDIO:~$ lsusb|grep Midiman
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0763:1110 Midiman
</command>

then brew a little script you can call to start the thing:

<script>
#!/bin/sh
#
 export arg1=`lsusb|grep Midiman|cut -d" " -f2`
#
 export arg2=`lsusb|grep Midiman|cut -d" " -f4|sed 's/://'`
#
 fxload -I /etc/firmware/ezusbmidi2x2.ihx -D /proc/bus/usb/$arg1/$arg2
</script>

The above requires that you download the ezusbmidi2x2.ihx and place it
in a folder and link to it, like in the last line in my script.

If you cant find it, you can download it here om my page "ALERT" the
page is in Danish :)
 http://semcity.sv-e.dk/downloads.php?cat_id=4&download_id=16

Then unpack the file, it's possible that the *.ihx has a different name
in the packet, but rename og modify the script as you please.

Good luck

/Sv-e