[LAU] [LAA] [ANN] gigedit 0.1.0

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Wed Oct 17 11:51:17 EDT 2007

On Wed, October 17, 2007 16:11, Mark Constable wrote:

>>> What is hindering you on using the latest GPL-version? Which afaik
>>> (without checking) is the latest stable released version anyway...
>>>

>> I believe the point is that all of the latest versions, for at least
>> 2 years now, are not GPL. The license was modified.
>>

> Ah! So that's why I can't apt-get it!
>

> Here's hoping gigedit learns how to play gig files.

hope no more. the engine to play gig files is linuxsampler, yes the one
piece with the infamous gpl exception. gigedit is essentially a gui
front-end to libgig, which are both pure-gpl, and its sole purpose is to
edit gig files. afaict the only other option available to play gigs is
gigastudio, but here there's no point in using gigedit to edit your files
as gigastudio does it all. you choose what is better for you ;)

cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org