[LAU] : reacTIVision

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sat Oct 20 07:38:26 EDT 2007

Mysth-R wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do you know reactable ? http://mtg.upf.edu/reactable/

They did a great demonstration of it on LAC 2006!

> I found a tutorial to make my own table, using reacTIVision and a webcam.
> But, reacTIVision don't seems to find my webcam whereas it works with
> kopete.
> my device is a logictech quick messenger, and I use the
> qc-usb-messenger 1.6driver.
> I am running Fedora 7 with Planet CCRMA.
>
> lsusb :
>
> [root at localhost ~]# lsusb
> Bus 005 Device 002: ID 413c:a005 Dell Computer Corp.
> Bus 005 Device 004: ID 0c0b:b311 Dura Micro, Inc. (Acomdata)
> Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 002 Device 002: ID 046d:08f0 Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Messenger
> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 001 Device 004: ID 046d:c216 Logitech, Inc. Dual Action Gamepad
> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 004 Device 002: ID 045e:00e1 Microsoft Corp.
> Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> [root at localhost ~]#
>

> Can you help me ? :)

Is the camera mapped to /dev/video0 ? else set the environment variable
V4L_DEVICE=/dev/videoXXX  before you start reacTIVision.

HTH

> I would love to make my own table
At first I've used a Logitech as well, but it's very cheap optics made
it a constant source of problems. If you have the choice: use a(n old)
Video Camera on Firewire. better lenses and higher resolution make it
fun to play!

good luck,
robin