[LAU] Suggested distro and processor speed ?

kevin kelley xirin6 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 20 15:43:16 EDT 2007

 Hello, This is my first post. I work everyday with
Linux at my job (Slackware). I was wondering what most
of the people on this list use as their main Distro
for Linux audio? I plan to use some form of multitrack
recording software as well as some sampling looping
software as well.
 I have some older boxes that I was considering using
does anyone have advice on processor speed and system
configurations that work well?
 I am also interested in knowing what hardware
interface work best for Linux audio?
 Sorry for the fragmented post.

Kevin Kelley
xirin6 at yahoo.com