[LAU] Which tool to sample 8 audio channel at the same time?

Emiliano Grilli emillo at libero.it
Tue Oct 23 11:31:42 EDT 2007

Tuesday, 23 October 2007 alle 16:32:41, Michelle Konzack ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Debian GNU/Linux (Unstable) on my multimedia machine with a
> M-Audio 1010LT and need to sample all 8 channels at the same time.
>
> Which tool can I use for it?

I just tried

arecord -c 8 -r 44100 -f S16_LE 8channel.wav

on my STaudio dsp2000 (same chipset as the 1010)

That command produces an eight channel wav file that can be opened
in audacity:

http://emillo.net/download/audacity-8chan.png

This if you don't want to disturb ardour, which needs a well tuned system to run smoothly.

> I have tried Audacity but it does not work.
>
> Note: I need the eight audiotrack in the same project and I must work
>       on them like in Audacity where I have all tracks togehther.

HTH
Ciao
--
Emiliano Grilli