[LAU] [Jackit-devel] how to get Audacity to work with jack

Dragan Noveski perodog at gmx.net
Tue Oct 23 16:50:31 EDT 2007

Jonatan Liljedahl wrote:
> eccn wrote:
>
>> I hope this isn't a RTFM question, but I've been trying to use jack to
>> route audio to & from Audacity. Unfortunately, Audacity does not appear
>> on the audio routing patchbay, no matter what sequence I start qjackctl
>> or Audacity in.
>>
>> Please can someone point me the way to a solution? I'm using Ubuntu 6.06
>> LTS (Dapper), qjackctl 0.2.19a, and I can't determine the version of
>> Audacity just now.
>>

> I think you need to use a version of audacity that has new enough
> version of portaudio (v19?) to support jack,

right, and i am not sure but i think for that you have to compile
audacity from source enabling portaudio-v19 insteed of v18.

for finding out which version you are using now, just start audacity and
go menu->help.
i suppose that you are running something like 1.2....

here:

Audacity ® 1.3.3-beta (Unicode)

Libmad: Aktiviert
Ogg Vorbis: Aktiviert
LibID3Tag: Aktiviert
FLAC: Deaktiviert
LADSPA: Aktiviert
Libsamplerate: Aktiviert
PortAudio v19
wxWidgets 2.6.3
Programmversion vom: Oct 19 2007
Einstellungs-Ordner:/home/nowhiskey/.audacity-data

..runs fine with jack.

cheers,
doc