[LAU] foot switch for pausing/playing audio signals for better transcribing

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 08:26:33 EDT 2007

On 10/24/07, N. Gey <ilfhi at gmx.de> wrote:

> arisstotle.54695488 at bloglines.com schrieb:
> > If you have a programmable midi keyboard, you can program a foot pedal
> > send an mmc play/pause command to ardour, and there you have it.
> >
> Chuckk Hubbard schrieb:
> > and now that I think of it you might be able to rig the Jack transport
> > to start and stop with a MIDI signal, and use that to play Audacity.
>
> I think the JACK transport state sounds finde. But how do I do that?

I give up, I can't figure it out.  I tried Rosegarden, but as far as I can
tell it isn't configurable in that regard (assigning MIDI events to
arbitrary commands); it has a set of defaults and that's it.
Audacity isn't controllable by MIDI, and I don't know how to configure Jack
transport to take MIDI.
aplay doesn't work with Jack, and doesn't appear to take MIDI input.
Pure Data may be the best bet after all.  If I have time I'll try to put
together a quick patch for it, if you want.

-Chuckk

http://www.badmuthahubbard.com