[LAU] Suggested distro and processor speed ?

Wed Oct 24 12:45:19 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-10-20 at 12:43 -0700, kevin kelley wrote:
>  Hello, This is my first post. I work everyday with
> Linux at my job (Slackware). I was wondering what most
> of the people on this list use as their main Distro
> for Linux audio?

Another option so far not mentioned in the thread:

  http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

Planet CCRMA is based on Fedora (current versions are 6 or 7). Install
Fedora and then add the Planet CCRMA packages for a fully low latency
optimized solution with plenty of apps to run...

-- Fernando

[disclaimer: I created and maintain Planet CCRMA so obviously that's the
one I like most :-]