[LAU] linking soundcards

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 12:54:21 EDT 2007

Hi

I'm building a live performance using chuck. We need to have both click
+ the actual audio produces, routed to either a headphones mixer or the
PA. I could of source live with mono and pan the click to one channel
and the music to the other, but stereo is better...

The problem is twofold:

1) Can I link the onboard soundcard and an usb soundcard so that they
appear to the system as one four channel device?

2) Can I address each of these outputs (or sets of stereo outputs) from
chuck?

BTW: I don't need super low latency and I only need playback. The laptop
is gonna be an IBM x61 running ubuntu and the usb card is an Edirol UA-1A.

Thanks in advance for any response!

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte