[LAU] Line noise

leslie.polzer at gmx.net leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Sun Oct 28 13:45:54 EDT 2007

On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 10:55:40AM +0200, Edgar Aichinger wrote:
> Am Samstag, 20. Oktober 2007 schrieb leslie.polzer at gmx.net:
> >
> > I'm trying to get my electric guitar connected to my sound card.
>
> You cannot do that in a sane way - the output of a guitar pickup needs to be
> modified (amplified and converted to high impedance) before, otherwise the
> signal will suffer (treble loss).

I believe you, but I'd be grateful if someone could explain to me how
one would know that the treble will suffer? I mean, we were talking
about real impedancies, and to determine how the line will react with
respect to certain frequencies we would need the complex part...

So if anyone knows, that'd be nice.

  Leslie

--
Personal homepage: https://viridian.dnsalias.net/~sky/homepage/
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DD4EBF83