[LAU] Good mic for voice?

porl sheean porl42 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 19:45:00 EDT 2007

the samson C01U is a great little mic for the price. i use the non-usb
version for extra condensers when i need more than my main one, but we got a
usb version at the school i work at and they love it. getting a usb mic
means you don't have to worry about preamps/sound card quality etc, but it
does mean you are limited in what you can do with it elsewhere (unless it
has the option for both usb and normal outputs, which the samson at least
does not).

porl

ps. unfortunately mics are one of the mos difficult things to get 'right'.
everyone has different opinions, and everyone's voice works better with
different mics. i have a friend who we had to record through a shure sm58
rather than the $1500 mic i usually use, because her voice just didn't sound
quite right with it. the shure worked perfectly though :)