[LAU] recorded using arecord, plaback seems a bit fast

H. S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 17:37:40 EDT 2007

On 10/23/07, Peter Hartmann <peter at hartmanncomputer.com> wrote:

> Sounds like you recorded at 44.1 and are trying to playback at 48.
> Have you tried changing the project sample rate in audacity?  (at the
> bottom left)
>

> Peter

Yes, that is what I thought too. But I used the "-f dat" option while
recording, which according to arecord's manpage should have given me 48000
Hz sampling rate. Based on this, I had converted au->flac by specifying
48KHz sampling rate.

In audacity I had to reduce the speed (Effects menu) by around 8% to make
the audio replay properly ... this corresponds to 44.1 KHz. (If I forced
audacity to 44.1 KHz from its GUI (lower left), it wouldn't play the track
at all)

So the "-f dat" option of arecord actually recorded at 44.1 KHz and not at
48 KHz !?
Here is the exact command that I used:
$> arecord -D plug:hw:1 --duration=6300 --file-type au  --format=dat
--nonblock `date +%Y%m%d%H%m%S`.au

thanks,
->HS