[LAU] Good mic for voice?

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Tue Oct 30 09:58:49 EDT 2007

On 2007-10-30 11:25 pm, porl sheean wrote:
> so a cheat good mic is a M-audio Nova or a Behringer B-1? Or you are
> speaking of something better?

I've got a pair of Behringer B-1's and a Yamaha MW8cx mixer
with USB and I'm very happy with this combo for the price.
The main downside is the mixer's USB soundcard is only 16
bit @ 48khtz. I'm using jackd at 256 frames and 3 periods
which gives 16 msec latency and mid-range pair of Sony
MDR-7506 headphones. It's a great system for recording
Skype interviews and screencast vocal tracks. Perhaps not
quite good enough for professional studio work in a "real"
studio but so far I am very happy with what I am hearing.

 http://www.behringer.com/B-1/
 http://music.yamaha.com/products/specifications.html?productId=592581
 http://bssc.sel.sony.com/BroadcastandBusiness/DisplayModel?m=0&p=10&sp=79&id=52568

--markc