[LAU] Muse segfaults

Robert Jonsson rj at spamatica.se
Wed Sep 5 13:34:07 EDT 2007

Hi David,

David Baron wrote:
> All recent 0.9 variants and the 1.0 preview.

:-/

> I noticed that much of its compiles are being done with -O3. I believe other
> programs had problems with this as well, that recent gcc/g++ et al are
> untested with optimization levels other than 1. Lmms-0.3 is compiling with
> -O2. See if that works.

Ok, interesting.

> Anybody had the problem? Fixed it?

Not really.
What distribution are you using?
How was it compiled?
Does it segfault directly on startup?

Do try to enable core dump generation (usually with ulimit -c unlimited)
and check the core file with gdb <binary> <core file> and see what it
has crashed on. Since your binary is probably built without symbols it
might be a bit terse, still it might give some clues.
Or try rebuilding with debug enabled.

Regards,
Robert