[LAU] Re: ua-25 very noisy in advanced mode

Joseluís Cruz joseluisjazz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 05:06:43 EDT 2007

thankyou Clemens for your response,

I can't compare the kernel configurations, because the kernels are
exactly the same, same binary, same modules. I copied my last kernel
to the old installation (which I have stored in hde1), and booted the
old debian installation with the same kernel that I'm using in the new
debian installation. And the soundcard works perfectly at very low
latencies in the old debian installation, but not in the new one.

In fact I've booted the old installation with more kernels and always
the audio works well. But when I boot the new installation, no matter
which kernel I use, the audio sounds crappy.

So definetely it's not a kernel config problem. Now i'm back to the
old system and I'm comparing one by one all lectures I've got from the
old installation... it's tedious but maybe it will lead to a solution.

regards!