[LAU] I need a single-play player

Jeff Sandys sandysj at juno.com
Mon Sep 10 14:36:20 EDT 2007

If you want a midi player the Yamaha QY-70 and it's replacement the QY-100
are about as big as a VHS cassette.  The QY-100 uses smart media for extra
storage.  The advantage of midi is the ability to change tempo or key on the
fly.  And some audience members who are expecting a live performance are put
off with a cd or mp3 player but will buy into the QY-70 that you are
occasionally fingering.  The QY-70 is designed as a backing instrument with
lots of patterns and great sounding voices.  They go for about 200-300$
used.