[LAU] Record at 44.1 or at 48 kHz?

Aaron Trumm aaron at nquit.com
Tue Sep 11 11:23:06 EDT 2007

Nobody agrees on the 48/44 one thing - I personally always record as high as
I can.  Everybody pretty much agrees on using 24 bit (as opposed to 16)

I will say there's no point in upsampling from 44.1 to 48 and then back down
again, you can only lose data.  If everything you had was 44.1k loops then
i'd definitely stick in 44.1 on ardour.

I make my loops at 48.

there I've said my piece. :)

- A