[LAU] audio applications in FC7

Wed Sep 12 13:51:24 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 18:09 +0200, Vedran Vucic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any repository of audio applications precompiled for Fedora
> Core 7?  I need Rosegarden, Audacity, Rezound, CSound, Cecilia, ..

Planet CCRMA has most of them (and some come from Fedora like csound):

  http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

The instructions there are still not updated for fc7 but the install is
basically the same. Install this:

rpm -Uvh
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/7/i386/planetccrma-repo-1.0-3.fc7.ccrma.noarch.rpm

To set up the Planet CCRMA repositories and then:
  yum install planetccrma-core
(that gets you a low latency optimized kernel and all neede goodies)
  yum install planetccrma-apps
(that gets you all - well, most - apps)
Of course you can yum install each package separately.

(if you already have Jack from Fedora you will need to
change /etc/security/limits.conf, see:
http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2007-September/013728.html)

-- Fernando