[LAU] [ANN] JAD 1.0 officially released

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Mon Sep 17 08:14:26 EDT 2007

tim hall wrote:

> ... you would be better off comparing JAD to the 32bit version of 64
> Studio.

Yes, but the publisher wants me to profile a 64-bit audio system, and
AFAICT 64 Studio is the only one in something like full bloom.

> However, I have a rough idea of what your partitioning schemes already
> look like and I don't blame you for not installing both. ;)

My partitioning scheme is a dividing wall. The JAD box is one room, the
64 Studio iron is in another. It's a necessary scheme, they attack one
another ferociously if kept in the same space.

Btw, a friend gave me a new 160 GB Seagate SATA drive, I plan to install
Planet CCRMA on it. I haven't visited the home planet for a while, must
make a return journey soon. Is PlanetC 64-bit yet ?

Best,

dp