[LAU] M-Audio Audiophile Line Level Inputs

Bearcat M. Sandor HomeTheater at feline-soul.com
Mon Sep 17 11:53:25 EDT 2007

Folks,

Alright, i'll try a PCI card, but i'm still skeptical. When i have my ear upto
the woofer and tweeter i can hear a hum that matches the speed of the fans in
my case.

Even if the list of the M-Audio USB is $250 list, it's still in my range as
they go for about $100 on ebay.  I missed one for $60 the other day.

Besides, having a direct card-amp connection means i get the *pop* if my
system turns off. About half the people i've asked say this wont' hurt
anything and half say it's dangerous to my equipment.  The USB with it's own
power supply alleviates this.

Bearcat

On Monday 17 September 2007 in an email
 titled "Re: [LAU] M-Audio Audiophile Line Level Inputs" Frank Barknecht