[LAU] M-Audio Audiophile Line Level Inputs

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Mon Sep 17 13:21:25 EDT 2007

Am Montag, 17. September 2007 schrieb Bearcat M. Sandor:
> Besides, having a direct card-amp connection means i get the *pop* if my
> system turns off. About half the people i've asked say this wont' hurt
> anything and half say it's dangerous to my equipment.  The USB with it's
> own power supply alleviates this.

The rule in mixing is:
 - Turn on the devices in the direction of the sound-signal (mixer and
outboard-equipment first, amps last).
 - Turn off the devices in the opposite direction.

These pop's can destroy your speakers.

And USB will have the same problem as the power of these devices has to fail
too. Unless your pc isn't really powered off and still provides power on the
usb (for keyboard/mouse and their wakeup).

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---