[LAU] Help with fluidsynth and midi from drum pads

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Tue Sep 18 05:37:52 EDT 2007

Hi,

Am Montag, 17. September 2007 schrieb Bengt Gördén:
> I was puzzled to why
> Fluidsynth couldn't respond more than every second hit so I took amidi and
> dumped the output. It turns out that the MD70 sends a "Program Change"
> every time I hit a pad. In hex it is C9 00. Do anyone out there know why
> this happens? Or is it normal to send a program change at every hit?

I just stumbled across qmidiroute which does midi filtering with something
like regexp but built graphically.
I used it for filtering the volume-controller so it doesn't hit linuxsampler
but only jack-rack while everything else goes to linuxsampler. That way I
could control the wahwah with my volume-pedal and ls didn't change its
volume.

You would simply ignore all the program-changes...

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---