[LAU] Vocal F/X ???

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Thu Sep 20 20:10:18 EDT 2007

I've been trying to figure out how to get a particular vocal effect
using Linux tools, not that I even know how to get the sound with any
tools.  About 8-9 seconds in to the clip below a vocal is introduced
which has the sound I'm looking for.

http://www.doink.com/lau/spocks_beard-day_for_night-04-the_distance_to_the_sun-partial.ogg

How do I get that sound?  I have 5 very good singers at my disposal,
if it turns out to be a vocal styling thing.  But, I think there's
more going on than vocal style.  It sounds like there's some sort of
envelope on that vocal track.

Thanks....

FWIW, the entire CD from which I snipped this section is very very
good in terms of musicianship & production.  After that it's personal
taste, and they're among my favorite bands.

--
Kevin