[LAU] Something like "midicontroller" GUI for OSC?

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Sat Sep 22 05:11:30 EDT 2007

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 20. September 2007 schrieb Ken Restivo:
> My M-Audio Axiom 49 just died. And I have four live shows scheduled next
> week (Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday).  I don't have time to get it
> repaired, and I can't afford to replace it.

Too bad. Maybe you can rent one from a local music-shop?

> To get me through these shows, I can borrow a MIDI keyboard, with just keys
> and no buttons/knobs/sliders, which means I'm going to have to build a GUI
> myself to use on the laptop or touchscreen for controlling parameters.
> PD is a natural for this, but I like GTK widgets better. And the PD sliders
> might not be big enough for touchscreen use.

The pd-sliders are not fixed in their size. Just open the properties and make
them bigger (first two entries on the top if I remember correctly).

> Is there anything like this "midicontroller" app that uses OSC instead?

I think I will have some kind of OSC message sending app in ofqf[1] for the
next release...

Arnold

[1] http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/?q=ofqf
--