[LAU] Re: Re: Re: Lyrics books

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Sep 27 23:27:38 EDT 2007

julien lociuro wrote:

>     I recommend the book "The Art of Writing Great Lyrics" by Pam Oland.
>     ( http://www.pamoland.com/art_of_writing_great_lyrics.html)
>
>     Her style of lyric writing (Top 40 pop) is not for me, but her style
>     of book-writing I found excellent, entertaining, and very illuminating.
>
>     - -ken
>

> I didn't think such a book existed :-)
> Did it help you? I'll have a look at it..

A long while ago, I bought some music composition software (Songwriter)
for Windows. (Yes, a long while ago!). It came with a decent little
paperback book on writing songs ... it's called "Introduction to
Songwriting", subtitled "A Beginner's Guide to Writing and Composing
Your Own Songs". Published by Voyetra, now known as Turtle Beach,
http://www.turtlebearch.com. It came with the retail software.

Ah, here's an FTP link to what looks like Introduction to Songwriting:

ftp://ftp.turtlebeach.com/pub/voy/mw_sng_mae/int2sngw.exe

It won't install under WINE, but I was able to extract the contents,
then use unshield (it's an InstallShield executable) to extract the
contents of data2.cab, and hidden away under the
Program_Executable_Files folder is the PDF version of Introduction to
Songwriting.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com