[LAU] Output to 2 sound cards simultaneously

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Fri Sep 28 06:42:24 EDT 2007

On 2007-09-28 20:36, Jan Weil wrote:
> > Surely it would be possible to run 2 Jack aware audio
> > players with each one outputting to different cards.

I see now, Jack is bound to a particular hardware output
device so that "device" would have to be split (if possible)
between two real hardware devices at the lower alsa-lib level.

> > Anyone know of a Jack aware audio player ?
>
> There are lots of them. I'd recommend Aqualung, for example. The problem
> remains, though, that Jack is driven by only one of your sound cards.

Damn, that's not in my distro. I might be able to create
a package build for it and compile it from source. Thanks
for the pointer.

--markc