[LAU] Output to 2 sound cards simultaneously

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Fri Sep 28 08:29:17 EDT 2007

First, let me say I am mostly ignorant here but I still may be able to help.

What do you want to play to the two cards? The same stereo stream? Two
different stereo streams? 4 mono tracks of a single multi track recording?

I see that in the thread, someone mentioned not being able to keep the cards
in sync. I have seen that problem mentioned before but also that if your
cards do word clock that this can be overcome iirc.

I also see that someone mentioned jack and you seem to have always had trouble
with it. Jack has alwasy been my friend. If I can find some time today ot
tonight, I will try and run a jack test with two sound cards for you. One
internal on my laptop and one usb.

If you want to try the jack route, I would be happy to help out some. Try and
catch me as zloc or zotz in #rivendell on irc.freenode.net ...

all the best,

drew