[LAU] digital input sync problems with M-Audio Transit

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 12:17:11 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm running Fedora 8 Linux with the CCRMA realtime kernel and a
M-Audio Transit USB audio interface on a laptop. The interface works
fine when there is no digital input (sync is set to internal) but when
I connect a digital signal to the optical input (sync seems to go
automatically to external) the audio output starts to have sporadic
glitches and noise bursts (of course, I stopped Jack before plugging
the optical cable). I tried the same thing booting in Windows Vista
and I didn't have any problems at all. Is there anyone around having
the same kind of issues? I'm using the latest version of madfuload (
http://usb-midi-fw.sourceforge.net/ )

Thanks!

Hector