[LAU] Newbe to audio on linux

Massimo Corinaldesi m.corinaldesi at mclink.it
Sat Apr 5 13:26:52 EDT 2008

I would play some music records flac coded at 24bit/88kHz.

The pc audio player (xmms) drives a pci soundcard (Chaintech AV-710) whose
spdf output drives a Behringer SRC2496 configured as DA just to drive a
stereo amplifier.
The sound I hear is good, but the DA locks at 48kHz sample rate, insted of
88.2.
I was not able to "induce" my Mandriva 2008 distribution to output an 88kHz
digital stream.

What I'm lookig for is to find a reference to understand the complexity (at
least for me) of linux audio, and be able to get rid of the above problem.

Hope.

--

   Massimo I0MCF
   http://www.ziomassimo.it