[LAU] new! linuxmusicians.com

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 17:03:41 EDT 2008

Yes, however what oyu don't see is how many people DON'T do the forums for
assistance.  Meaning the people that use google first.  Personally I don't
like to sign up for a forum for minor things that should be documented
elsewhere.  A forum and/or mailing list is the last place as I prefer not to
sign up for more things I have to remember username and passwords for.
Things like OpenID may change this, but in general I agree having a strong
documentation and THEN forums or other communities seems a better choice to
me.

Not to say that the option doesn't already exist on linux-audio.org  Just
that when it comes to choosing what to spend time on, it should be
considered.  Personally ont he forum I moderate that is Linux related, I
find myself wishing more and more I had put the time forth to set up a
strong documentation web page of questions I frequently see there so that i
can point people to said documentation.  The key of course is strong and
well written, but it can then also point people where to go to learn more.

I hope that rambling was at least coherent.  It wasn't just me expressing
personal beliefs, but also trying to express a different point of view and
reasons for it.

       Seablade