[LAU] LASH?

Bengt Gördén bengan at bag.org
Wed Apr 9 04:04:49 EDT 2008

Den Wednesday 09 April 2008 04.45.50 skrev Nick Copeland:
> >> So why is there so low interest in LASH?
>
> That almost answers itself. Linux Audio does not exist in a vacuum. Most
> applications respond to the demands of the users since the developers are
> pushed along by necessity as much as their own interests. The demand for
> LASH features has been pretty low on LAU, the one submit here and there
> with a single response attest to that.

Ok. Then it's best to speak up then.

It could be because of several reasons. One might be that LAU people of today
are fairly up to speed with system administration and used to fiddle around
with lots of programs. But I think that when the audio distros gets more
attention, that would result in more and more people that aren't that fluent
in technical matters and that will eventually lead to demands like LASH. I
believe that it also could be one of the factors that would make up for a
good marketing point for audio under Linux.

If there were LASH for qsynth, ardour, hydrogen, zynaddsubfx, muse and seq24 I
would definitely use it. And yes. I know that 50% of them have LASH but I
would like to see 100% :-)

/bengan