[LAU] Sample rate conversion for media playback

Darren Landrum darren.landrum at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 9 20:49:09 EDT 2008

This might seem like a stupid question, but it's really starting to
annoy me.

I have an Emu sound card that I set to 44.1khz. The problem comes in
when I try to use anything, whether it be Amarok, mplayer, Totem, or
anything, to play a file or a radio stream (or even the audio in a
video) at a different sample rate. Instead of the sample rate getting
converted to my system's 44.1khz, these files get played back either too
fast or too slow, like a tape deck set to the wrong speed.

Is there a solution to this issue? When I boot into Windows, JetPlayer
automatically converts the sample rates of any file to the system rate,
if it's required, so it must be possible. Thanks!

-- Darren