[LAU] new! linuxmusicians.com

schoappied schoappied at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 05:25:29 EDT 2008

Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> I certainly agree some consolidation could be a good thing. What I am
> wondering about though, is the possibility of truly using the
> linuxaudio.org <http://linuxaudio.org> as a portal. In order to do
> this I think several things would be needed from my standpoint....
>
> See http://portal.linuxaudio.org <http://portal.linuxaudio.org/>
>

> 1. A centralized basic information about all applications (wiki
> already in existance, good start)
>
> http://apps.linuxaudio.org <http://apps.linuxaudio.org/> has all apps
> that have been a part of Dave’s website. They can be also sorted
> according to jack/ladspa/whatever support and entries are open to
> community contributions. There were a number of people here very vocal
> how they would not contribute to a wiki that was password protected.
> Well, it hasn been open access since its introduction little over a
> year ago, yet we had little or no contributions since. It would be
> nice if we would be as determined about our contributions as we are
> about our preferences, no?
>
> 2. A centralized repository of general linux audio information(ie What
> is realtime, why/when should you use it, FAQs etc.)
>
> http://lowlatency.linuxaudio.org/ (yes, it could be much better,
> volunteers are always welcome)
>

> 3. A centralized place to go for announcements from all projects at
> once...
>
> http://lists.linuxaudio.org <http://lists.linuxaudio.org/>
>
> we are hoping to also implement forum.linuxaudio.org

Ah that's new for me! I posted some questions and suggestions on the
list, but didn't receive much reaction...

Maybe it is possible to change www.linuxmusicians.com to
forum.linuxaudio.org... Then you have already members and a moderator ;)
And you don't have two such forums...

But this is something you should discuss with 'nathan' the forum
boss.... I'm just a 'user' ....

Dirk