[LAU] sound card and speakers?

robert lazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 08:41:16 EDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 12:49 AM, Preston C. <gprestonc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good sound card and speakers that works with
>  Windows and Linux, that are reasonably priced (around $650 for both),
>  and has up to date drivers?
>
>  I was thinking of going with the Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro, good choice?
>
>  Many Thanks,
>  Preston

I recently went thru this. What I ended up doing was using the
integrated sound of the motherboard, and spending the entire budget on
a pair of Genelec 8030a active monitors. Your budget only buys one of
the pair, but they do sound wonderful. I use linux for midi into
hardware synths and hardware sequencers, so YMMV.

HTH,
Robert