[LAU] Cedars ... my CD made with Linux

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Sun Apr 13 04:50:31 EDT 2008

Hi Bob!
   I just listened to the demos on your side. I like the saxophone, itsounds
really warm. But the rest of the sounds is too MIDI for my taste. I think even
with free software and free sounds you could have found a nicer piano and
nicer drums. Also especially in Wynndel-waltz the ride is played a bit too
MIDI-like in a few places.
   Even though the songs are simple little tunes, for dancing, you did yourself
harm with the sound-selection. I know this sounds hard, especially, when I
read, that it took you so long to get this CD done. BUT: perhaps you will get
back to a few of your tunes or start another CD, from which I definitely
wouldn't discourage you, and then you can just take care of the sounds.
Probably even invest a little in either a few samples or some synth-module.
I'd hope so. And I hope, that you're not too sad about tis answer.
   Kindest regards
           Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net