[LAU] PsychoSynth

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Wed Apr 16 07:04:01 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 11:40:38PM -1000, david wrote:
> Ken Restivo wrote:
> > I don't recall seeing any mention on this list of PsychoSynth, so here it is:
> >
> > http://www.psychosynth.com/doku.php
> >
> > Kind of like a ReacTable without the projector, DV camera, and cubes of cardboard.
>
> That looks like fun, especially if you have a graphics tablet.

Maybe combine it with this for some fun live performance potential:
http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/245

And it has multi-touch. I wonder if anyone's ported his stuff to Linux (it is open source IIRC).

A US$50 wiimote is much cheaper than a DV camera, and PsychoSynth's system requirements and build dependencies seem easier than Reactable's.

-ken