[LAU] qjackctl patchbay

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Thu Apr 17 18:25:19 EDT 2008

schoappied wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I have trouble with apps who only show up in jack connections when they
> start to play, eg VLC, audacity...
>
> I'm not able to save the settings in the patchbay and make it active....

that's just because those apps only open as jack clients when play is hit.

> Is there a solution for this?

while it's playing, take note of the actual client and port names. you
can take advantage that qjackctl patchbay socket dialog helps you on
this (hint: drop-down comboboxes are populated accordingly).

but, point is, you'll have to write most of your patchbay rules "by
hand" in a plain declarative way, most of the time.

also of note is that you can have regular expressions to refer to
client/port names. isn't that neat?

anyway, i've told this many times before, and i say it again,

- the patchbay snapshot feature is a starting point, not and end.

capisce?

cya
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela