[LAU] tool practice rhythm

Dominic Sacré dominic.sacre at gmx.de
Sun Apr 20 18:30:45 EDT 2008

Hi Dirk,

On Sunday 20 April 2008 14:18:17 schoappied wrote:
> > When it comes to metronomes, Klick is the coolest one in the universe
> > and i REALLY like it ;) Does great things you didn't know would be so
> > handy and i've really enjoyed using it. Jack based and all that kind
> > of goodness
> >
> > http://das.nasophon.de/klick/
> >
> I use klick, very great app.
>
> Only I have my doubts about the 'beep' at the start of a bar. That beep
> is a high tone, and I expect there a lower (bass) tone. A high tone do I
> expect more at the end of a rhythm...

Interesting...
You could try to swap klick's sounds by using a pattern like xXXX, at least
that way you'd get the lower tone on the first beat. Not sure if that's
really what you're looking for though.

> Gtick does this job better, it's just more intuitive... (gtick has no
> jack support).
>
> The same tone which is used by klick is also in Ardour or not?

As far as I can tell, GTick also uses a higher pitch for the emphasized
beat. GTick's default sound is also in klick, by the way (-s 2).
Klick's default sound was taken from Ardour.

As Loki already mentioned, you can also load your own samples in klick. The
next version will provide all built-in sounds as regular wave files, that
should hopefully make it easier to modify them to suit your needs.

Cheers,

//das