[LAU] How to write beats

schoappied schoappied at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 11:15:53 EDT 2008

Philippe Hezaine wrote:
> Chris McCormick a écrit :
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I wrote this for a couple of my friends and thought it might come in
>> useful for someone else:
>> <http://mccormick.cx/news/entries/how-to-write-beats.news>
>>
>> Chris.
>>
>> -------------------
>> http://mccormick.cx
>>

> Hi all,
>
> Many thanks Chris.
>
> I've made a lilypond file, a midi file and a pdf from your article.
> Some velocities are given as numbers. (not complete)
> May be there are mistakes or incomprehensions.
> Tell me your feedback.
>
> It's here for some days:
>
> http://philippe.hezaine.free.fr/spip.php?article28
>
> Have fun.

Thanks Philippe!

I was wondering, is there information available to learn putting those
beats into notation? What 'symbol' belongs to the bass, hi-hat etc.
Is there information on the internet about it? Or does someone knows a
other method (good book) for it?

And how easy is it to match the notes with a drumkit in for example
hydrogen? I think it should possible to play the drum score in
Rosegarden with Hydrogen as a synth..

Regards,

Dirk