[LAU] PsychoSynth

Justin Smith noisesmith at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 13:27:29 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 10:09 AM, Nigel Henry
<cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr> wrote:

> On Friday 18 April 2008 12:56, Dave Phillips wrote:
>  > Greetings,
>  >
>  > After setting SOUNDTOUCH_CFLAGS and SOUNDTOUCH_LIBS I finally got the
>  > build started. Alas, it fails here:
>  >
>  > make[2]: Entering directory `/home/dlphilp/src/psychosynth-0.1.1/libpsynth'
>  > /bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.
>  > -I..     /usr/include/ -I/usr/include/libxml2
>  > -I/usr/include/alsa      -g -O2 -MT libpsynth_la-FileReaderOgg.lo -MD
>  > -MP -MF .deps/libpsynth_la-FileReaderOgg.Tpo -c -o
>  > libpsynth_la-FileReaderOgg.lo `test -f 'input/FileReaderOgg.cpp' || echo
>  > './'`input/FileReaderOgg.cpp
>  >  g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. /usr/include/ -I/usr/include/libxml2
>  > -I/usr/include/alsa -g -O2 -MT libpsynth_la-FileReaderOgg.lo -MD -MP -MF
>  > .deps/libpsynth_la-FileReaderOgg.Tpo -c input/FileReaderOgg.cpp  -fPIC
>  > -DPIC -o .libs/libpsynth_la-FileReaderOgg.o
>  > input/FileReaderOgg.cpp: In member function 'virtual void
>  > psynth::FileReaderOgg::open(const char*)':
>  > input/FileReaderOgg.cpp:35: error: 'ov_fopen' was not declared in this
>  > scope make[2]: *** [libpsynth_la-FileReaderOgg.lo] Error 1
>  > make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dlphilp/src/psychosynth-0.1.1/libpsynth'
>  > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>  > make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dlphilp/src/psychosynth-0.1.1'
>  > make: *** [all] Error 2
>  >
>  >
>  > This happens on JAD 1.0, a 32-bit OpenSUSE-based distro.
>  >
>  > Suggestions ?
>  >
>  > Best,
>  >
>  > dp
>
>  Hi Dave. I got make throwing in the towel at the exact same place as you, with
>  the same errors. This is on Debian Etch.
>
>  Soundtouch was already installed via apt-get (no doubt due to some other app I
>  have installed that had it as a dep). Libs for OGRE, and CEGUI were available
>  from Debian repos, so I installed them. OIS I installed from the tarball, as
>  it wasn't available from the repos. The first run of ./configure complained
>  about missing OSC support, so I set CFLAGS, and LIBS for libtool, as
>  suggested on an earlier post. Then ./configure complained about OGRE, so I
>  added CFLAGS, and LIBS for OGRE, then ./configure complained about CEGUI.
>  You can see where this is going can't you. Lastly ./configure complains about
>  CEGUIOGRE, so I add CFLAGS, and LIBS for that. Run ./configure again, and now
>  no problems, and it shows OIS as "yes". So now I run "make", expecting it to
>  run to completion, but it lunches out where yours did.
>
>  The only other thing I see when running make, is a few lines that say:
>
>  g++:  /usr/include/ : linker input file unused because linking not done

> [...]

the output "g++:  /usr/include/ : linker input file unused because
linking not done"
means that the arguments to c++ included -l /usr/include and also -o
I cannot think of why you would ever want to use the argument "-l
/usr/include", should that have been "-L/usr/include" with an upper
case L? Otherwise, what you want is LDFLAGS to be
"-l/usr/include/<something>", because /usr/include is not an object
file, it is a directory with object files in it.

I hope that helps?