[LAU] bass line

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 14:30:08 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 2:17 PM, schoappied <schoappied at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I want to make a write a bass part in a note editor eg rosegarden, nted
>  or mscore.
>
>  1. Is the bass player playing 2 octaves lower then the guitar player?
>  2. How do you put this on score? Just put the low notes with a normal
>  key or do you change the key or something?
>  3. Which app can handle this well and how? (I know Rosegarden can do it,
>  by ctrl down).

Bass guitar parts are usually written on the bass clef, just like the
left hand part of a piano score, and should be in the same key as the
guitar part (no transposing needed). Bass guitar, like guitar, sounds
an octave lower than written. The 4th string on the bass (low E) is
two octaves below the low E (6th string) on a guitar.

-- Brett