[LAU] bass line

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Tue Apr 22 15:22:46 EDT 2008

Am Dienstag, 22. April 2008 schrieb schoappied:
> But for recording with rosegarden and linuxsampler.... does the bass
> *.gig file also sounds a octave lower than written?

That depends on the sample/soundfont. While I know that the standard-midi-sf2
fonts from the soundblaster sound as "noted", my external roland plays each
instrument transposed to a "convenient octave" (convenient for small
keyboards, not for midi-playback).

So you actually have to test it. I think soundfonts/samples are supposed to
sound as the midinote is. But now you know about the possibilities and
nothing can scare you. :-)

Have fun,

Arnold
--