[LAU] How to write beats

Chris Weber ciwe at gmx.de
Thu Apr 24 13:09:05 EDT 2008

> <philippe.hezaine at free.fr> wrote:
> >  I use the midi file from lilypond i wrote, open it in Rosegarden,
> >  connect to Hydrogen and then record in Ardour.
>
> How does rosegarden handle the mapping?  Could one use a SoundFont
> like ns7kit (can't find a link right now), with the fluidsynth DSSI
> (or appropriate hardware)?  If so, that's almost certainly easier than
> using Hydrogen.

Your suggestion is the way I program drums normaly. Instanciate the fluid
DSSI, load the soundfont to it and select the program.That's it.

You can also use mutiple instances of the synth with the same soundfont if you
wanna have the different drums sounds on seperate tracks. The SF is loaded
just once and you can mix them statically in the mixer.

Chris