[LAU] Decent and attractive audio player

Rob lau at kudla.org
Sun Apr 27 17:17:40 EDT 2008

On Sunday 27 April 2008 15:23, hollunder at gmx.at wrote:
> Why can't you use mpd for network and local stuff?
> For use with mpd I use to mount a network share at say ~/music/net,
> create a link to the local music folder at ~/music/local and tell
> mpd to look at ~/music/.
> Works for me just fine.

Sure, but then I'm back to having 3 separate databases (one for each
computer on which I listen to music) to keep in sync, plus the one on
the Archos.  Each one would be slightly different due to the
inclusion of the local files, and it would be a nightmare.

Additionally, it sounds like I'd have to move my music files into the
~/music/local folder to play them, and my local music files on each
machine are scattered everywhere.... otherwise they'd be part of my
big, well-organized directory tree on the file server.

Rob