[LAU] Musik Messe

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Tue Apr 29 12:17:20 EDT 2008

I think I forgot to post it here:

On the last Musik Messe in March 2008 in Frankfurt (something like the
NAMM in Germany) I got the opportunity to demonstrate Minicomputer and
Linux in general at the booth of the Synthesizer-Magazin for which I
write articles on Open-Source sound software. The feedback was great and
many and I often demonstrated Ardour, AMS and PD too. Sonic State had a
quick video about our incredible booth which was mainly made of vintage
gear but was shared with smaller manufacturers of modular synths too. It
can be seen at

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=6327

and shows all the crazyness of the fair. My ears were bleeding for weeks
after it and I couldnt stand or make music for some time :) It features
mainly Mic who runs sequencer.de but I am shouting some words short
after the introduction.

It took guts to demonstrate a software synth in that environment, which
even didnt run on a very popular platform but it worked and I wonder if
it would be interesting to gather some money from sponsers to have a
small Linux Audio booth next year. The purpose would be to demonstrate
stuff to the people but also to get into focus of the manufacturers of
audiohardware.

Cheers,

Malte

--