[LAU] Minimalistic S/PDIF i/o device?

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Fri Aug 1 06:00:15 EDT 2008

Hi,

Does anyone know of any cheap and small S/PDIF i/o (toslink or coax)
interfaces which work on a laptop? USB, PCMCIA, Expresscard, firewire,
whatever. Size is what really matters, not how it's connected.

Oh, and it should also work in Linux. ;)

My ideal would be a USB cable with two coaxial SPDIF connectors on the other
end.

All I really would need is something which takes in two channels of
bit-perfect 24-bit digital audio (192k is not needed) and outputs two
channels through spdif. A headphone / line output would be a nice bonus but
not required.

  Sampo