[LAU] JACK with many soundcards

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Fri Aug 1 07:43:50 EDT 2008

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 11:44:39 +0200
Arnold Krille <arnold at arnoldarts.de> wrote:
> I do understand your idea of having the sound digital all the way. The problem
> is that a) sound is acoustic for most instruments and b) you will need some
> kind of network to synchronize the devices. And there it gets ugly.
> I can already see guitarists destroying their guitar on stage because the
> digital stuff lost sync _again_...

BTW, this *has* been done already:
  http://www.gibson.com/audio_v2_News.aspx?aliaspath=/Products/Audio/MaGIC%20(2)/News/Gibson%20Guitar%20Teams%20with%20Micro

I like how Gibson teamed with Microsoft, Intel and Cakewalk.  That'll
ensure Linux compatibility, right?

And this is just so great it's caught on like wildfire.

No, wait, it's been out for 5 years and no one's really playing one.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com